In accordance with Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Tipperary County Council has prepared Proposed Material Alterations to the following Draft Local Area Plans and their associated appendices which include Draft Local Transport Plans:
- Clonmel Local Area Plan 2024-2030
- Nenagh Local Area Plan 2024-2030
- Thurles Local Area Plan 2024-2030
In accordance with Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), Tipperary County Council has screened the Proposed Material Alterations and has determined, in the case of all three LAPs, that Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) and Appropriate Assessments (AA) are not required with respect to the Proposed Material Alterations.
The SEA and AA Screening Reports and Determinations include information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed material alterations. In this regard, the following documents have been prepared and will be published with the Proposed Material Alterations for each of the Local Area Plans:
- An SEA Screening Report prepared pursuant to the SEA Directive and Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004-2011.
- A Screening Report for the purposes of Appropriate Assessment (AA) pursuant to the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
- An addendum to the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA).
Inspection Period and Viewing Locations
A copy of the Proposed Material Alterations to the three Draft Local Area Plans together with the associated SEA and AA Screening Reports and Determinations and SFRA Addendum will be available for inspection (during normal opening hours) from Friday 17 November 2023 to Monday 18 December 2023 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations:
- Planning Section, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, E91 N512
- Planning Section, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary, E45 A099
- Thurles Municipal District Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary, E41KA44 (Thurles LAP only) • Clonmel Library, Emmet Street, Burgagery Lands, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91YW66 (Clonmel LAP only)
- Nenagh Library, O’Rahilly Street, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45AK50 (Nenagh LAP only)
- The Source Library, Cathedral Street, Townparks, Thurles, Co Tipperary, E41KA44 (Thurles LAP only)
- Online at https://consultations.tipperarycoco.ie
Making Submissions/Observations on the Proposed Material Alterations Written submissions or observations on the Proposed Material Alterations and associated SEA and AA Screening Reports and Determinations (including submissions relating to the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Proposed Material Alterations) and SFRA Addendum may be made to the Planning Authority.
Written submissions or observations must be made no later than 4.00 p.m. on Monday 18 December 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted. Written submissions and observations made in respect of the Proposed Material Alterations and accompanying documents (including submissions relating to the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed material alterations) shall be taken into consideration before the making of any material alteration. Submissions or observations can be made in one of two ways:
- Online via the submission form on the Council’s consultation portal;
- In writing (marked clearly as “Clonmel Local Area Plan / Nenagh Local Area Local / Thurles Local Area Plan”) to:
- Planning Department, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary, E45 A099
- Planning Department, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, E91 N512
Please consider the following in making your submission:
- Submissions should be in ONE medium only i.e. online or in hard copy. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
- Submissions should include the full name and address of the person making the submission, details of organisation, group or company represented where relevant.
- Please include a map if your submission refers to a particular location, land or feature.
- Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations on the Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft LAP.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online within 10 working days, and will be set out in a Chief Executive’s Report that will also be published.
- Please ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
- All submissions/observations will be subject to the Data Protection Act 1988-2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2014
Dave Carroll, A / Director of Services, Planning and Development (including Town Centre First and Just Transition), Emergency Services & Emergency Planning and Tipperary / Cahir / Cashel Municipal District
Date: 13 November 2023