The Information Technology Department
Technology plays an ever-increasing role in the daily lives of those in our communities and in our own working lives. Within this rapidly changing digital environment, Tipperary County Council is transforming into a digital enterprise where technology is critical to its operational effectiveness. In this highly complex environment, processes must be flexible and evolve quickly to meet user demands and provide the right solutions for the tasks in hand.
Our vision is to provide innovative, effective service delivery to our colleagues and to the Council’s customers and stakeholders with best-in-class technology and systems.
Our customers, stakeholders and colleagues are at the heart of our service. We aim for simplicity, and our focus is on customer-centred design and delivery. In a rapidly changing digital and commercial environment, we wish to match and exceed service-user expectations. We take a proactive, collaborative approach; focusing on transformation, workable business solutions and accessible information-giving. We strive for exceptional performance through self-evaluation, openness to feedback and the pride we take in our work.
In conjunction with our colleagues, we strive to transform the way we do our business; change the way we work with colleagues and citizens, deliver faster and better outcomes and enable our Council colleagues to be more productive, more quickly. We strive to deliver a high-performance service that our colleagues and citizens expect and deserve; a service that will deliver a better return on investment and a better quality of life for those who use it.
Our objectives are to provide an integrated, secure, safe and performant digital environment that will allow us to:
- Provide digital services for citizens and businesses;
- Facilitate the implementation and integration of systems through innovative business projects;
- Collaborate and exchange information across departments;
- Support corporate decision‐making and deliver more efficient business services;
- Provide an accessible, comprehensive customer service platform for the public, elected members and staff, through the use of information technology and the internet.
- Provide the tools, systems, solutions and infrastructure to enable the staff and the business sections achieve their business objectives.
- Provide a technical support service to staff and elected members in the areas of Networks, Infrastructure, Applications, Online Solutions, Web and Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
Information Technology News
- 12/01/21Press Release