Silouette graphic representing Tipperary

CLÁR 2024 – Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities & Amenities Grants

CLÁR Applications 2024
19 April 2024

CLÁR 2024 – Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities & Amenities Grants

Tipperary County Council is seeking Expressions of Interest applications in respect of projects under the CLÁR Scheme 2024 recently launched by the Department of Rural and Community Development from which the Council will consider for submission to the Department.

CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage. The aim of CLÁR is to support the sustainable development of identified CLÁR areas with the aim of attracting people to live and work there.

Applications can only be submitted from these District Electoral Divisions (DED) for this funding:

South Tipperary

23091 Kilmurry 23123 Coolagarranroe 23147 Kilcooly 23164 Emly
23092 Newtown 23126 Kilcoran 23149 Modeshil 23165 Glengar
23097 Clogher 23128 Newcastle 23152 Poyntstown 23169 Kilmucklin
23100 Clonoulty West 23131 Tullaghorton 23155 Ballykisteen 23170 Lattin
23102 Cooleagh 23136 Killaloan 23157 Bruis 23171 Rathlynin
23103 Drangan 23141 Ballingarry 23158 Cappagh 23172 Rodus
23107 Graystown 23142 Ballyphilip 23159 Clonbeg 23173 Shronell
23118 Ballybacon 23143 Buolick 23160 Cullen 23174 Sologhodbeg
23119 Ballyporeen 23144 Crohane 23161 Curraheen 23175 Templeneiry
23120 Burncourt 23145 Farranrory 23162 Donohill  
23122 Clogheen 23146 Fennor 23163 Drumwood  

North Tipperary

22005 Aglishcloghane 22019 Rathcabban 22043 Kilnarath 22065 Foilnaman
22006 Ballingarry 22020 Redwood 22046 Latteragh 22066 Glenkeen
22007 Ballylusky 22023 Uskane 22050 Templederry 22067 Gortkelly
22009 Carrig 22024 Abington 22052 Borisnafarney 22072 Longfordpass
22010 Cloghjordan 22025 Aghnameadle 22053 Borrisnoe 22074 Moyaliff
22011 Cloghprior 22028 Ballygibbon 22054 Bourney East 22076 Moyne
22012 Clohaskin 22029 Ballymackey 22055 Bourney West 22078 Templetouhy
22013 Finnoe 22036 Dolla 22056 Killavinoge 22081 Upperchurch
22014 Graigue 22040 Killoscully 22057 Killea 22701 Greenhall(037)/ Lackagh(045)
22016 Lorrha East 22041 Kilmore 22058 Rathnaveoge  
22018 Mertonhall 22042 Kilnaneave 22060 Timoney  

This Call for Expressions of Interest relates to

Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities & Amenities

A minimum grant of €5,000 and maximum grant of €50,000 will apply to this measure. The scheme will provide up to 90% of the cost. The remaining 10% or balance of the project must be provided by community resources funding, this funding must be in place at the time of application. Measure 1 will support a variety of capital projects provided they contribute to the enhancement of existing and/or the development  of new, accessible Community Recreation Facilities. 

Where shortlisting is required the Council may consider as part of the process:

  1. The positive impact of the project in respect of the Sustainable Development Goals (
  2. Relevance to the scheme and the positive impact to the locality complying with the County Development Plan, the Local Economic and Community Plan and the Climate Action Plan
  3. The Deprivation Index of the DED
  4. The benefits received by the area under various grant schemes in the last 3 years
  5. All newly developed community facilities and amenities funded under the programme must be disability-friendly.
  6. Any facility funded under this measure must be open to the public without a requirement to be a member of a club
  7. Permissions/match funding/ownership/insurance in place

The Scheme Outline and the Expression of Interest application are available on links below.

Eligible Applicants: Schools, Community Groups, Local Development Companies, Local Authorities.

Any application must adhere to the following requirements:

  • The project must be located in a designated CLÁR area to be able to be considered - details of CLÁR areas are listed above and on CLÁR maps attached
  • The terms and conditions associated with the Scheme – detailed in the 2024 Scheme Outline 2024 CLÁR Measures

How to express an interest?

Complete the Expression of Interest form on the link below. 


The closing date for Expression of Interest (EOI) applications is Tuesday 7th May 2024 at 4.30pm. 


The EOI applications will be evaluated and the successful 15 applicants will be invited to submit a full CLÁR application by Friday 17th May with a closing date for the submission of these applications by Wednesday 5th June to allow for submission to the Department of Rural and Community Development by Wednesday 19th June 2024 for its consideration.

Any queries on the scheme can be sent to or contact CLÁR grants, Community Section at 0818 06 5000