Tipperary Public Participation Network (TPPN) is a network of organisations from the community & voluntary, social inclusion and environmental sectors in Tipperary.
Tipperary Public Participation Network (TPPN) is a formal network. Its vision is to
- inform, strengthen and empower through participation
- to support the three pillars of Community, Social Inclusion and Environmental Groups
- to enable communities to have their say in shaping local society
It provides a structure to facilitate the two-way flow of information between the Local Authority and the Three Pillars, to influence plans and policies for the future development of Tipperary.
Three main aims of Tipperary PPN are:
- To broaden representation and participation in Local Government from the Community & Voluntary, Environmental and Social Inclusion sectors, for example, as PPN Representatives on County Council Committees.
- To act as a hub for sharing information between member organisations. We do this through our newsletters, which are emailed to all members in the County. This is also achieved through Municipal District Meetings and County level Full Member Events (aka Plenary/AGM Meetings). Members can join Thematic linkage groups for updates from Committees/Boards and to ensure that community groups/PPN members can feed concerns/issues up to Boards/committees.
- To build the capacity of these sectors. For example, through building networks, providing training and information workshops in partnership with other organisations.
10 great benefits of joining Tipperary PPN are:
- Networking and promotional opportunities at events and meetings.
- Access free training opportunities for you and your organisation.
- The opportunity to influence and change local government policy and stay informed of local government plans and decisions for your area through consultations, PPN thematic Linkage Groups and your PPN Representatives.
- Receive information on available funding and grants.
- The opportunity to work with the PPN’s Representatives who are responsible for pursuing issues through local committees, boards and steering groups or become one yourself!
- The opportunity to attend information sessions and conferences on topics of interest.
- Keep in touch with other community & voluntary groups in the county with a similar focus.
- Receive regular mailings and updates from PPN members including Representative reports.
- Free PR and advertising for your projects, events, etc. via newsletters circulated to all member organisations in the County.
- The opportunity to avail of reduced insurance premium through the Community & Voluntary Forum group insurance scheme, with BHP.
For A PDF Copy of the Community Wellbeing Vision visit https://www.ppntipperary.ie/our-vision-for-community-wellbeing-in-co-tip...