Silouette graphic representing Tipperary

Road Opening Licence

You must apply to the local authority if you want to open a section of public road, footpath or associated grass verge to carry out work.

Related Information

Road Opening Licence

A Road Opening Licence allows the holder to excavate a section of public road, i.e. carriageway/footway and associated grass verge.

A licence is required if an individual/contractor wishes to open a footpath, road or street for any reason.

Single Consent Forest Road Applications

Following the enactment of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act, 2018, responsibility for granting development consent for the construction of forest entrances onto public roads (other than national roads[1]) or the material widening of an existing entrance, has been transferred to the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine under the Single Consent System.