Silouette graphic representing Tipperary

Public Representative Request

Local authorities respond to requests from councillors and Oireachtas members on behalf of members of the public about local authority services they want to access or which may affect them.

Public Representative Nomination/Change Request

Tipperary County Council housing section operates a practice of allowing an elected public representative (a councillor/TD/senator) to be nominated by anyone that is submitting /has submitted a housing application.

The role of the nominated public representative in this instance can be to explain to you how the council’s housing allocation scheme works, to assist you in completing your application form, to explain about the eligibility criteria, about areas of choice, the documentation to be accompanied with an application form etc. They can also contact the housing section on your behalf and discuss with them any information in relation to your file/application.

They cannot influence the allocation of any property – allocations are undertaken by the officials within the council in accordance with the Housing Allocation Scheme which is adopted by the members of the Council and is available on the following link. (Adopted Allocation Scheme 2000)

If you wish to nominate a public representative to act on your behalf, please submit the following form with your housing application or request it to be considered with an existing housing application.

If you have previously nominated a public representative to act on your behalf and now wish to nominate a different representative, please submit the following change of mind form. Once you change your public representative, the housing section cannot discuss your application with your previous nominated public representative and we will write to them to inform them of this change.